Product Name: TeamTexter® 2.0 Web Application
Release Number: v2.0 SP5
Date of Release: January 19, 2023
Overview: This service pack includes user interface updates and new features to the web application.
1. New Feature – Inactive Messages Category
- Issue Summary: Messages that are not active were displayed in the main Message List, making it difficult to focus on recent messages.
- Resolution: Any message without conversation for 30 days or more will automatically show in the Inactive Message List. Additionally, the Inactive Message list can be filtered by keyword and by date range to make finding Messages in the Inactive Message List easier. As soon as an Inactive Message is sent a message, it will become Active and is automatically moved to the main Message List.
- Impacts: Not all messages will display in the main Message List. Messages will automatically be moved to the Inactive Message List based upon Message activity.
2. Enhancement – Security Improvements
- Issue Summary: We have updated the Apache server and implemented several new security features on the server-side.
- Resolution: The details about the security improvements are listed here:
- Set the 'httpOnly' attribute for any session cookie.
- Set the 'secure' attribute for any cookies that are sent over a SSL/TLS connection.
- Configuring the HTTP/2 feature via "H2Push off”.
- Upgraded the Apache server to the latest version.
- Impacts: Added security to TeamTexter.
3. New Feature – Enhanced Order History
- Issue Summary: Previously, only invoices/receipts for user licenses were available for on-demand download. Additionally, texting credit purchase receipts didn’t include enough detail.
- Resolution: In the drop down under the user avatar, is now Order History. In Order History you can view Texting Credit Receipts or Subscription Receipts. You may view the details or download a receipt for your records. You can also search receipts using the search bar on the top right.
- Impacts: Receipts and Invoices have now moved from Administration > Account to Order History.
4. New Feature – Address Required Upon Credit Card Purchase
- Issue Summary: An address wasn’t required when making a credit card purchase through TeamTexter’s payment provider, Stripe. This made it easier for credit card fraud to occur.
- Resolution: An address is now required for each credit card purchase made through TeamTexter.
- Impacts: Users purchasing licenses and credits through TeamTexter must provide an address.
5. New Feature – Blocked Messages Category
- Issue Summary: When a Person was blocked, the message would remain in the main Message List.
- Resolution: When a Person is blocked, the message will now appear in a new category named Blocked.
- Impacts: Messages from blocked People can be found under the Blocked tab in the left navigation.
6. New Feature – Inactive Person Status
- Issue Summary: Having previously introduced the ability to Block a Person, there was still a need to have the ability to Inactivate People to keep the Person list shorter and easily filter People.
- Resolution: A new status of Inactive has been introduced to People.
- When the Person has not been actively communicating within 30 days, TeamTexter will automatically mark the Person as inactive and indicate such by a red Inactive label in the People List. As soon as a Person has a message that is active, the Person will become Active automatically.
- A user can manually mark a Person as Inactive by clicking on the Status icon in the People List. People marked as Inactive in the People List will show with a grey Inactive label. Users can click the grey Inactive label again to make a Person active again.
- The People List can be filtered by Inactive, Active, Blocked or Unblocked status.
- Impacts: People who previously showed up as Active will automatically now display as Inactive when no communication has occurred for 30 days or more.
7. New Feature – Import Person with Groups and Tags
- Issue Summary: Previously, when importing People into TeamTexter, adding Groups and Tags wasn’t possible.
- Resolution: When importing People, the csv template now provides for a way to add tags and groups to the Person upon import. Tags must be listed and separates by commas. Group names must match exact capitalization and spacing. Multiple groups should be separated by a comma.
- Impacts: None.
8. New Feature – Export Message Conversation to PDF
- Issue Summary: There was previously no way to save a conversation for historical purposes outside of TeamTexter.
- Resolution: When in a Message, under Actions, there is now a way to Export the Message conversation to a PDF.
- Impacts: None.
9. Bug – Forgot Password Intermittently Not Working
- Issue Summary: At times, the Forgot Password email was not being delivered timely.
- Resolution: The email relayer was re-set and calibrated to work consistently in a timely manner.
- Impacts: Users will now receive the Forgot Password email timely.
10. New Feature – Texting Template Tokens
- Issue Summary: When creating a texting template, manually generated content was required.
- Resolution: Three tokens have been added in the texting template functionality to allow a merge field from the system to populate. The three fields are: [first_name] [owner_name] [user_name]. When these tokens are used within a texting template, the text will render the proper contextual content from TeamTexter.
- Impacts: None.
11. Bug – Message Filter Was Not Searching All Messages
- Issue Summary: When filtering messages in the message list, not all messages were appearing beyond the first ten.
- Resolution: The filter function searched all messages and returns a full listing, with the ability to load more after the initial list showing.
- Impacts: All messages now show in the filtered list.
12. New Feature – System-Wide Global Search Filter
- Issue Summary: While TeamTexter allowed the searching and filtering of some entities within the application, it didn’t provide a system-wide search ability.
- Resolution: Now available is a global search bar next to the user avatar. When searching upon a term, all people, messages, groups and campaigns will appear in an auto-suggested list. Users can click on the item in the list to jump to it easily.
- Impacts: Items within the application are easily accessible with global search.